Note: The adventurer must be accompanied by an instructor at all times.
1. Earn the Swimming I award.
2. Row for a distance of 50 meters; turn right and left, always maintaining the oars on the same side of the canoe.
3. Jump from the canoe into water in such a way that the boat remains dry; return to the canoe, making sure water does not get in the canoe.
4. Know what the prow is and what the stern of the canoe is and learn to maintain stability in a canoe that is being shaken by the water.
5. Know how to prepare for canoeing:
a. Know how to dress appropriately.
b. Know what precautions to take in different climate circumstances.