1. Earn the Magnet Fun I Award.
2. Play with two magnets, making them attract each other. Play with two magnets, making them repel each other.
All magnets have a ____________________ and _______________________ pole.
Opposite poles attract each other, same poles repel each other.
3. Make an Electromagnet.
4. Use a compass to find all eight directions. Draw them on a Compass Rose.
5. Make a compass using a magnet, pan of water, long sewing needle, cork slice (or waxed Paper), candle wax, and compass.
6. What happens when one drops a magnet?
7. Learn Proverbs 18:24.
“A man that hath friends must show himself friendly; and there is a Friend that sticks closer than a brother.”
Who loves us so much that He will always stick closer than our real brother?
In fact, Jesus is our brother, because His Father is our Father. He is our Best Friend.
“Even though we are all different, we can still be attracted to God and to each other when we have one goal in mind—Heaven and pleasing Jesus”
To learn about magnetism and serve as an object lesson of how we should all stick together and point to God when we are His.
The Complete Book of Science for Grades 3 & 4 p. 265-280, by American Publishing
Man and Machines
World Book Encyclopedia, Vol. M.
The Book of Knowledge
The Book of Popular Science, Vol. 8, pp. 142-150.