1. Describe a wise steward.
2. With an adult, find a text in the Bible that tells who owns everything on earth.
3. Explain Malachi 3:8-10. Be able to fill out your own tithe envelope.
4. Make a poster showing some of the things your Sabbath school offerings are used for.
5. Listen to the Bible story of a widow and her small offering.
6. Tell how and why a wise steward will care for his or her belongings.
1. A wise steward is one who carefully performs his or her duty and takes good care of the things God has given to all of us (environment, our bodies, our minds, our talents, etc.).
2. See Genesis 1, 2; Psalm 33:6, 9.
3. Malachi says that we are to give our tithes and offerings to God. We do this when we give an offering or return tithe at church. He will surely bless those who faithfully do this.
4. Use magazine pictures or draw and color items that our Sabbath School offerings can buy (Bibles, Sabbath school papers, felts and pictures to illustrate Bible stories, Sabbath school meeting areas and much more). This may be a group activity. Place the completed poster where others may enjoy it.
5. Read Counsels to Stewardship by Ellen G. White, pages 174-176, and then retell the story of the widow and her two mites in language that the Adventurers will understand.
6. A wise steward will take special care of his or her belongings and finances as well as of the talents that God has given him or her.