1. Read and discuss:
a. 1 Cor. 6:19, 20
b. 1 Cor. 3:17
2. Tell what is meant by:
a. Drug abuse
3. Do one of the following:
a. Talk to a doctor/nurse or discuss with another adult the harm in using:
iii. Other drugs
b. Watch and discuss a film or video on the dangers of using any of the above.
4. Tell why some people choose to smoke, drink alcohol, or use drugs. Tell how we can choose not to use them ourselves.
5. Plan a skit encouraging others to say "NO" and perform it with your group.
6. Make an anti-smoking, anti-drug, or anti-alcohol design and paint it on a T-shirt. OR Create a poster showing the dangers of drug abuse.
7. Identify two famous persons who do not use any tobacco, drugs, or alcohol, and who are among the best in their field. OR Interview two people you know who live happily and healthfully without using tobacco, drugs, or alcohol, and discuss with them their reasons for not using those things.
1. Use a modern version of the Bible so the Adventurers will understand its language.
2. Drug abuse is the misuse of any drug or medication. Temperance means self-control in any aspect of life, including the use of harmful substances.
3. Invite a doctor or nurse to your group meeting. If that is not possible, view one of the many videos on the subject that are available from public health offices or public libraries.
4. Encourage each Adventurer to participate in this discussion.
5. The skit or play may be performed at school or in a church related activity.
6. Provide the necessary materials and supervise this activity carefully.
7. Sports magazines will be helpful. If you choose to have the Adventurers interview people, help them make a list of questions and make the necessary appointments well in advance.