1. Find, read, and discuss Psalm 119:11, Proverbs 25:11, and Psalm 19:14.
2. Learn about personal cleanliness.
3. Tell three important times when we should wash our hands.
4. Practice the proper way to brush your teeth.
5. Discuss regular bathing and how to keep your hair clean.
6. Tell how many glasses of water you should drink daily.
7. Tell why it is important to keep your clothing clean.
8. Help keep your house clean for one week.
9. Help with the laundry at home for one week.
1. Discuss the importance of using kind and "clean" words as Jesus would have us do. Locate the texts, read them together, and discuss what each means.
2. Make it interesting while you learn; remember that many may not be taught the basics of cleanliness at home. Play games, sing songs, or make posters to instill the basic principles. You may choose to see a video, read a book, or have a health specialist come talk with the Adventurers.
3. Teach the importance of clean hands before eating, after going to the rest room, and before handling food. If possible, have the Adventurers use a microscope to look at their hands. Have them wash with soap as they would normally wash, place their hands under a microscope again, wash carefully again and look at the difference.
4. Brush your teeth for two minutes, at least twice each day. Eat a balanced diet, cut back on sugary and starchy foods, and don’t chew on hard substances such as ice or popcorn kernels. Have a dentist or dental hygienist demonstrate proper brushing. (Sometimes they will give each child a toothbrush or other tooth care items).
5. A clean body is healthier. Share with the children some problems that might occur if they do not keep clean (lice, colds, infections, etc.) Play beauty shop and show how to wash hair properly, then dry and comb it. You may wish to have a beauty operator discuss and demonstrate good health habits for hair and hands.
6. The outside of our bodies need water to keep us clean and the inside of our bodies need water to keep us healthy. We need to drink at least eight glasses of water each day. Discuss how God made the Adventurers’ bodies.
7. It is important to keep our clothing clean so we will look and feel healthy. After playing or working and becoming dirty it is important to bathe and put on clean clothing.
8. Have the Adventurers work with their parents or another adult to do things to keep their house clean and neat.
9. Have the children work with their parents or another adult to do the laundry.